Lumen is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Associate Scientist to join our team.
The Associate Scientist will closely work with other scientists in the R&D group to develop biologics using Lumen’s spirulina-based expression system. The individual is expected to plan and execute cell culture-related experiments, maintain and freeze stocks of cell lines, and aid in protein purification and characterization efforts. The position requires ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with teams and assist other laboratory personnel in the developing and application of new techniques.
The position requires the ability to work as a team member, have strong organizational skills, and take meticulous records. Effective communication skills are crucial in coordinating with the relevant teams, providing status updates, and in raising quality or troubleshooting issues as they may arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position are as follows:
- Maintain cell cultures of mammalian cell lines
- Prepare lentivirus stocks
- Execute cell-based assays, collect, and analyze data
- Prepare cell lines and scale up cultures for protein purification
- Support protein purification efforts
- Keep detailed records of observations in Lumen’s ELN, write protocols, and prepare technical reports
- Contribute to lab maintenance activities
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, biotechnology, or related field of study
- Minimum of five years’ experience in cell biological sciences or related area
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Engage with members of the team in experimental design, troubleshooting, data analysis, data interpretation.
- Work well independently and in collaboration across various teams in the organization.
- Self-starter, able to contribute effectively in a fast-changing environment
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- High integrity and ethics
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of results
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory notebooks.
- Respect Lumen safety policies and practices
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 kg
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.