Lumen is seeking a highly motivated entry level Data Analyst to collect, curate, and analyze data from projects in Lumen’s therapeutic development pipeline.
As a member of a small and highly collaborative informatics team, this position will gather data from a number of internal and external sources. He/she/they will organize, input, store, and review scientific records as well as curate information for report generation. In coordination with Lumen scientists and technicians, the Analyst will facilitate information sharing and analysis.
The successful candidate will have strong organization skills, attention to detail, and analytic capabilities. He/she/they will advocate for data management best-practices and champion the value of quality electronic record keeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position are as follows:
- Analyze scientific data sets from major grant projects, including the collection of raw data files, results tables, and sample metadata from CROs and collaborators.
- Partner with subject matter experts and informatics team members to facilitate data acquisition, processing, and analysis.
- Review scientific data sources for completeness, accuracy, and interpretability.
- Help to ensure secure storage and traceability of records.
- Perform data migration and curation tasks.
- Create summary tables and reports to represent complex data sets, provide descriptive analytics, and give status updates.
- Carryout investigative analysis to inform development decisions and support company goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Lumen’s scientific data management systems and technology platforms.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in life science, computer science, statistics, or other technical field preferred; will consider students near graduation that have relevant work experience.
- Work experience in managing complex, scientific data sets.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and cloud storage platforms.
- Biotechnology work experience and/or coursework
- Proficiency with relational databases, SQL, statistics and graphics packages
- Familiarity with BI/analytics software
- Experience with laboratory data management systems (e.g., LIMS)
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Highly organized, self-starter with ability to work in complex and fast-changing environment
- Strong desire to support team by setting others up for success
- High integrity and ethics
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.