Lumen is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Lab Aide.
The position will be supporting a research biology lab actively engaged in optimizing the growth of cyanobacteria cultures. This is a full time, regular, hourly position; 40 hours per week. The work schedule is somewhat flexible, and training will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Clean and maintain stocks of laboratory glassware
- Maintain general laboratory solutions and other reagents
- Prepare microbiological media (liquid and solid)
- Support Lab Operations Team Lead in maintaining stocks of consumable items
- Genotype and maintain strains of importance to the company’s production efforts
- May also perform plasmid DNA purification, PCR reactions and other standard laboratory protocols
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- A biology or chemistry undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Current junior or senior level undergraduate students with a combination of lab experience may be considered.
- Prior laboratory experience is essential, preferably in microbiology, chemistry, or biochemistry
- Demonstrated mastery of aseptic technique
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to contribute effectively in a fast-changing environment
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- High integrity and ethics
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of results
- Position requires standing for long periods of time, standing on or stepping up onto step stools, and lifting and reaching over head.
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds with, or without, assistance.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.