Lumen is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Applications Administrator to lead configuration and maintenance of software supporting preclinical research and development.
As a member of a small and highly collaborative informatics team, this position will partner with diverse R&D stakeholders at every stage of the product development pipeline. The position will play a key role in configuring Lumen’s laboratory data management systems to support efficient and accurate information capture from scientific workflows. He/she/they will lead deployment, testing, and documentation of system changes and will provide support and training to scientific end users. The successful candidate will have a strong service mentality and solutions focus. He/she/they will advocate for data management best-practices and champion the value of quality electronic record keeping and information sharing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position are as follows:
- Administer laboratory software applications that support preclinical workflows.
- Establish and uphold best practices for software configuration, documentation, account management, and upkeep; helping to ensure overall data integrity.
- Carry out systems analysis to identify information gaps and inefficiencies; and engage with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage software system life cycles - lead processes to gather requirements, document changes, create and deploy new configurations (e.g. entity schemas, result tables, templates), run test scripts, train end-users, and evaluate acceptance.
- Communicate with diverse stakeholders to ensure configurations meet all scientific, business, and operational requirements.
- Respond to user help desk requests, and as needed, communicate with engineers and third-party vendors for technical resolutions.
- Author and maintain training materials, change management records, configuration specifications, validation protocols, and reports.
- Lead training sessions for new hires and as part of system updates.
- Help to build a company-wide culture that values robust data capture and sharing.
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in life science, engineering, or other technical field
- 3+ years relevant work experience. This experience may involve software implementation/administration, project management, and/or laboratory operations
- Experience working in biotechnology laboratories
- Experience with laboratory data management systems (e.g., ELNs, registries, LIMS, LIS)
- Proficient with Office 365 and other cloud productivity software
- Familiarity with relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with GxP, CFR 21 Part 11 and systems validation
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to apply systems-level thinking
- Highly organized, self-starter with ability to work in complex and fast-changing environment
- Strong desire to support team by setting others up for success
- High integrity and ethics
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.