Lumen is seeking a motivated responsible Lab Maintenance Assistant to undertake maintenance and organizational tasks within the R&D team. This position plays an integral role in supporting the development of our spirulina-based therapeutics and is part of the foundation that sustains efficient lab operation. The responsibilities include cleaning, maintenance, organizational, and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, have excellent time management and communication skills and work effectively with diverse teams within Lumen.
This is a part-time, regular, hourly position; 20 hours per week. The work schedule is somewhat flexible, and training will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position are as follows:
- Clean and maintain stocks of laboratory glassware
- Support Lab Operations in maintaining stocks of consumable items
- Conduct routine, basic preventative maintenance and upkeep of shared-use equipment
- Conduct routine lab safety checks
- Maintain lab cleanliness of shared-use lab spaces
- Assist with lab-wide chemical organization
- Maintain general laboratory solutions and other reagents
- Prepare microbiological media (liquid and solid)
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong teamwork skills
- Familiarity with laboratory settings, preferably in microbiology, chemistry, or biochemistry
- Proficient in MS Office
- Demonstrated mastery of aseptic technique
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to contribute effectively in a fast-changing environment
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- High integrity and ethics
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of results
- Stand for extended periods of time (2 or more hours), including standing on or stepping up onto step stools
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 kg, and reaching over head
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.