Lumen is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Project Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and project management tasks. Lumen develops therapeutics on its spirulina platform, and their work extends from early-stage activities like writing funding proposals and initiation of new therapeutic projects, to late-stage ones, such as regulatory tasks and organization of pre-clinical and clinical trials. You will help in planning and organizing all such projects and activities as well as carry out important every day and long-term operational duties. You must be organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with diverse teams within the company. Skills in technical writing, regulatory documentation, and grant management would be a plus.
The Project Coordinator will be joining Lumen’s project management team and responsibilities will include performing various coordinating and administrative tasks. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you will collaborate with external service providers and internal teams to deliver results on specific timelines. Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the company’s standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position are as follows:
- Support internal and external meetings, conference calls and e-mail communications by being the organizational expert for the team.
- Manage meetings by scheduling calls, distributing agendas, meeting materials, and owning the documentation and minutes process.
- Tech experience and savvy is a must: Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Contribute to the development of infrastructure and the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Coordinate project management and administrative activities ensuring projects and tasks are completed according to project/study timelines.
- Create, edit, and distribute technical, regulatory and project documentation.
- As part of the project management team, proposal writing, and grant management responsibilities will be key; writing responsibilities are critical.
- Liaise with external service providers to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives; being a key contact for the team.
- Team participation to maintaining budget and tracking expenditures/transactions.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role and/or experience in project management
- Scientific or clinical writing skills as well as formatting/word processing/proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to write concisely and accurately
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS suite (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Outlook and MS Teams) as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with proposal writing and federal grant management.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Smartsheet or Monday.com).
- PMP or other certification a plus.
- Formal project management training.
- Experience with biologics development under FDA quality systems regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate and balance many conflicting requirements and demands.
- Self-starter, able to contribute effectively in a fast-changing environment.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- High integrity and ethics.
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of results.
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 kg
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.