This position will work in the Biologics research team and be engaged in both technology development and in Lumen’s pipeline therapeutics. The work will involve several projects aimed at developing biologic therapeutics using Lumen’s spirulina-based expression system. The individual will be involved in the discovery and development of antibody and non-antibody protein therapeutics and will be expected to apply a wide range of immunological, biochemical and molecular biology techniques. Areas of emphasis may include antibody discovery, antibody characterization and antibody improvement; eukaryotic and prokaryotic protein expression and purification; enzyme expression, engineering and characterization; bioinformatics; design and implementation of high throughput automated methods for therapeutic discovery and development.
The position requires the ability to work as a team member and to assist other laboratory personnel as needed. It is central to Lumen’s acquisition and integration of new and complex technologies, and to sharing such capabilities with other teams, and as such, flexibility and independence will be essential.
The position requires strong organizational skills, familiarity with SOPs and quality systems, and meticulous laboratory record keeping. Effective communication skills are crucial in coordinating with Lumen’s production and clinical teams, in providing status updates, and in raising quality or troubleshooting issues as they may arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position will include all or a subset of the following:
- Antibody discovery and engineering
- enzyme discovery and engineering
- Process automation
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- PhD degree in structural biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field of study
- Postdoctoral or industry experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in protein sciences: protein biochemistry, enzymology
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Engage with members of the team in experimental design, troubleshooting, data analysis, data interpretation.
- Work well independently and in collaboration across various teams in the organization.
- Self-starter, able to contribute effectively in a fast-changing environment
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- High integrity and ethics
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of results
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory notebooks.
- Respect laboratory safety policies and practices
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 kg
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.