In your role, you will oversee the strategy, execution, and management of Lumen’s IT operations, infrastructure, and external service and solution providers. You will collaborate with Lumen business leaders to plan, source, deliver, and maintain effective IT capabilities, and ensure the levels of security, reliability, and performance that are to be expected and required in a company operating in a regulated environment.
This role will be a partner with Lumen business unit leaders. In collaboration with Informatics, Quality, and other Lumen business unit leaders, this role will help ensure all applicable processes & procedures, financial controls, data privacy practices, and regulatory requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley, 21 CFR Part 11, Computer Systems Validation, Data Integrity) are established and maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
The position requires strong communications and consensus-building capabilities as well as personal initiative and organizational skill. A familiarity with creating, writing, and implementing technically viable and practical Policies and SOPs will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position will include all or a subset of the following:
Guiding Principles & Procedures:
- In partnership with Lumen leadership, establish written guiding principles to be followed in the design, implementation and management of Lumen’s systems information architecture, and software capabilities.
- Create, document, and put into operation clear processes and procedures guiding Lumen’s information technology related practices, including areas such as acceptable use, password control, malicious software control, administrative access control, mobile device management, change management, documentation, and network monitoring.
- Provide leadership over Lumen’s systems administration, hardware/software standards and maintenance, security, data backup, archiving and restoration, and end-user service management working with outsourced service provider and/or with internal team members.
- Manage business continuity and recovery of Lumen’s information systems, including needs analysis, design, plan development, implementation, and documentation.
- Coordinate IT change and change control documentation in coordination with regulatory affairs/QA in both regulated and non-regulated systems.
- Partner with Lumen functional leaders to lead the planning, development, and implementation of information systems following Lumen principles, standards and good practices.
- Periodic reporting to senior management on IT system status, concerns, and projections for future needs.
Compliance & Security Management:
- Develop, implement, and manage policies and procedures for the use and safeguard of Lumen’s information systems, network, and data assets.
- Establish and implement appropriate standards and practices for Lumen’s hardware, software, infrastructure, including security, access, encryption, intrusion prevention and detection, and data protection.
- In collaboration with Lumen business units, support the development of Lumen’s Computer Systems Validation Framework and related Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable IT regulatory and compliance standards, including preparing required compliance documentation for IT related audits, security assessment, and vulnerability remediation.
- Working cooperatively with business unit leaders, manage the process of contract and licensing reviews and renewals for Lumen’s IT service providers (e.g., SaaS, Managed Services, Other).
- Manage contracts and service delivery relationships with external IT partners, software vendors, and IT managed services providers.
Budgeting & Financial Management:
- In partnership with Lumen leadership and Lumen business units help establish annual IT budgets and ensure budget is effectively tracked and managed.
- Manage software licenses and service agreements, demand planning and renewals.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years IT experience.
- 5+ years IT management experience--managing the procurement, provision and operation of information technology services to organization in regulated industry, preferably in Pharmaceuticals or Life Science industry
- Experience with implementing and managing regulatory requirements such as 21 CFR Part 11, SOX, HIPPA, other, in an IT environment.
- Experience with implementing, documenting, and maintaining validation computerized systems.
- Experience working in a Managed Services delivery model.
- Experience is managing IT in a mixed operating system environment is ideal.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to achieve objectives with collaborative engagement.
- Ability to see the big picture and balance with the short-term needs of the business.
- Works effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Self-starter who works well independently and in collaboration across various teams in the organization.
- Able to successfully contribute in a fast-changing environment, and change priorities in response to company needs.
- Has high integrity and ethics.
- Commitment to quality and prompt delivery of specific results
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 45 lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.