In this role, the Technician will provide day to day and planning support for Lumen’s employees. They will coordinate IT operations, infrastructure, and external service and solution providers. The employee will collaborate with Lumen’s science and administrative teams to plan, source, deliver, and maintain effective IT capabilities, and ensure the levels of security, reliability, and performance that are to be expected and required in a company operating in a regulated environment.
The position requires strong communication skills and an empathic understanding of where others are experiencing issues. As a small team, personal initiative and organizational skill will drive your career growth. Technical understanding and efficient problem solving are very important to keep pace with our growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The major tasks for this position are as follows:
- Help employees get back to work when hardware and or software issues arise.
- Set up new computers and install software for new employees.
- Help the Senior Manager to manage updates and security patching on employee computers.
- Manage and troubleshoot issues with computers used in conjunction with laboratory machines.
- Create clear documentation for employees to follow for self-service situations.
- Monitor alerting and service desk ticket queues.
- Help to prioritize and schedule projects, installations and service windows.
- Work with vendors to plan and manage rollout of new systems.
- Help to make sure that licensing is kept up to date.
- Work with lab equipment manufacturers to keep instrument and computers up to date.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties, activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Experience with managing cloud software and or platforms like Office 365.
- Customer or employee service experience.
- IT experience in a fast paced and complex environment (Pharmaceuticals or Life Science industry experience a plus).
- Experience with managing IT in a mixed MacOS and Windows operating system environment is ideal.
The successful employee will have the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to achieve objectives with collaborative engagement.
- Ability to see the big picture and balance with the short-term needs of the business.
- Works effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Self-starter who works well independently and in collaboration across various teams in the organization.
- Able to successfully contribute in a fast-changing environment, and change priorities in response to company needs.
- Has high integrity and ethics.
- Commitment to quality and prompt delivery of specific results
- Employee will be based onsite.
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours).
- Occasionally lift or carry computers, monitors and other associated equipment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only successful applicants will be contacted.